- This event has passed.
1 Day Workshop – Postural Seating & Mobility (6 CPD Points)
30 November @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmR850
Physiotherapists, Orthotists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Case Managers, Caregivers
A good seating and mobility evaluation involves not only the assessment but a consideration of the clients’ specific physical functional and lifestyle needs. Once these are assessed, the seating components, frames, and design can be configured to maximise any possible recuperation and to enhance the quality of life. At the same time you’ll be taught how to marry the clients need for comfort and agility with the body’s need for regeneration and healing.
Outline of Course
- Postural Assessment: in the Wheelchair and on the Plinth
- Pressure and Cushions: Waterlow score as a means of determining pressure risk
- Type of Cushions: How to get maximum benefits
- Belts & Harnesses: How to improve positioning in the chair
- Other considerations: Client’s needs, Carers, environments etc
About the Trainer:
Adam Bottomley has developed a reputation as one of the leading Experts in Mobility & Assistive Aid Solutions in Africa. For over 15 years he’s collaborated with the country’s top Physicians, Physios and Equipment Suppliers to tailor appropriate, recuperative / maintenance seating and mobility solutions for many individuals both locally and internationally.
R850 per delegate – includes Tea/Coffee and Light Lunch
To book your seat – contact Tina – 079 893 8143 – firstname.lastname@example.org