1 Day Workshop – Postural Seating Mobility (6 CPD Points)
13 September @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmR950
A combination of theory and practical
- 7 Basic Principles of Seating
- Basic concepts applicable to “fixed postures”, dynamic postures, growth, deterioration, active and inactive users.
- Interview with an active wheelchair user – importance aspects of seating for a T9 lesion, T8 to T12 fused Para, what’s the best cushion, basics of self-propulsion, overcoming barriers in the built environment.
- Postural Assessment: in the Wheelchair and on the Plinth
- Pressure and Cushions: Waterlow Score as a means of determining pressure risk
- Safety and stability of the Wheelchair (MHRA)
- Basics of self-propelling
- Type of Cushions: How to get maximum benefits
- Belts & Harnesses: How to improve positioning in the chair
- Foam Carve Seating System – introduction to Custom Seating, practical considerations and interactive demonstration.
- Assessment and measurements – why it’s imperative in the prescribing of appropriate equipment
- Stakeholder Compliance: User + Carer + Parent + Technician (Mobility Consultant)
- Other considerations: Client’s needs, Carers, environments etc
About the Trainer:
Adam Bottomley has developed a reputation as one of the leading Experts in Mobility & Assistive Aid Solutions in Africa. For over 15 years he’s collaborated with the country’s top Physicians, Physios and Equipment Suppliers to tailor appropriate, recuperative / maintenance seating and mobility solutions for many individuals both locally and internationally.
R950 per delegate – includes Tea/Coffee and Light Lunch